Before we headed home last Friday we made one more stop off at Gus and Glenna's house. Carl's sister, Aunt Becky, was in town so we stopped to say goodbye. I snapped a few pictures of these two siblings and their childhood home, along with some of Glenna's beautiful roses. Aunt Becky gave Cali a few little treasures from the house, including a treasure box. Cali was beyond thrilled, but not thrilled to be leaving...At which time much crying and whining and bawling ensued.
I can't really blame her we had a great time and , I cried every time I left by grandma's house. When I was a kid I cried all the way from Fountain Green to Fairview, and as an adult I tried to get my crying under control by the time I reached Payson. Cali managed to compose herself at the gas station before we headed up the canyon.
Becky Jensen and Carl Pollastro sitting on the steps of 7 E St. Helper, Utah 7/2/10
Grandpa Carl and my little boys.
After about 2.5 hours of driving, and a stop at Winco in Orem, we ate lunch in Heber City. There is the cutest little restaurant called the Dairy Keen. The food is greasy and great, and the kids got to stretch their legs on the train out front. We ended up stopping again in Evanston before we actually made it home. We left Helper that morning at 10am and we arrived in Rock Springs at 5pm.
1 comment:
Oh the memories of 7 E Street in Helper! I am sad the house is being sold, but it is better to have someone enjoy it.
Post a Comment