While Christian and Carter were gone to Chicago, my friends and I got together to walk the Green River Parkway. It's a paved trail with beautiful views of the river and little parks along the way. We didn't make it very far because the parkway was roped off due to high water. The kids played and the adults talked. Caleb remained contained for the entirety of the excursion due in large part to 15 dum dum suckers. A little sugar goes a long way for this kid.
There are some cute swings along the way too. A couple of them were closer to the water and nearly submerged, but this one was far enough away for the kids to swing and stay dry. While Kenady, Cali, and Presley swung; Teag taught Caleb the art of throwing rocks into a river. From the confinement of the stroller, he actually got pretty good!
Our day was going along just swimmingly until Cali fell into the Green River flat on her bum. She jumped up and in dramatic Cali fashion pitched a giant fit about her legs "stinging". I told her to calm down, the water was just cold...she was just a little embarrassed or scared...and she was acting a bit like a baby. She persisted in scream, jumping, and grabbing her bottom. As any good mother would {once I quit laughing at the randomness of the fit} I pulled her pants down to check out what all the fuss was about. Her legs were covered in white hives. I then felt pretty bad about laughing. I washed her off, stripped her down, got a corn dog from Arctic Circle, and after the 20 minute car ride full of crying and a shower....she lived.
1 comment:
Nice Cammie! Way to laugh at your kid in pain!
Post a Comment