If you know Caleb, you know that he rarely stops moving, and even when he does it's not for long. I found these random cell phone pictures and wanted to remember these crazy days. Lots of mothers with kids going off to college, or starting high school, or even those with kids who are more self sufficient and older than mine, give the sound advice...don't wish it away....they grow up so fast.... you'll miss this phase....
Although I am not sure if they are telling me the truth or just taking pity on me, I am trying to have the faith to realize that there won't always be tiny hands and feet all over me all the time.... and that when that time comes, I may miss it.
I was just telling my friend the other day that I felt like I hadn't sat down since 2009, she laughed, but I could tell she was grateful Caleb was mine and not hers! I am grateful too, tired...but grateful.
Although I am not sure if they are telling me the truth or just taking pity on me, I am trying to have the faith to realize that there won't always be tiny hands and feet all over me all the time.... and that when that time comes, I may miss it.
I was just telling my friend the other day that I felt like I hadn't sat down since 2009, she laughed, but I could tell she was grateful Caleb was mine and not hers! I am grateful too, tired...but grateful.



1 comment:
I'm struggling with this as well. My 3yo thinks he's turning 14 instead of 4 in a couple of weeks, apparently - with the attitude to match. Trying not to wish it away, but man is it hard to enjoy sometimes!
You're a super hero for keeping up with that kid!
Post a Comment