
We've been dying to ride the ferris wheel inside of the Scheels store in Draper. Carter was nervous, Caleb was impatient, and Cali didn't want to ride with me or her brothers she wanted to ride with Alexis. So there we stood in line for what seemed like hours. Carter's nervous energy was making me crazy and I tried to reassure him that there was nothing to be nervous or scared about. After what seemed like an eternity it was our turn.
Carter, Caleb, and I got on one seat together, while Cali and Alexis slid into the one after us. Carter began to relax, and that's when I realized, I was scared. I really hate heights. Standing on the ground, it didn't look that high. I could handle the movement of the wheel, but about puked during the slow time where each car holds its position while the bottom seat of passengers is unloaded. Hanging out at the top was the worst. Caleb tried to rock the car back and forth, and I tried not to scream. I most likely will never ride that ferris wheel again.
There is so much to see and do in that store, and we had to stop for a fake camping photo op. Cali said, "this is the first time I've been in a real tent...." I thought I heard an audible gasp from outdoorsy parents everywhere.
Caleb got busy lifting some 1 lbers.
And of course, some posing next to a bear.
On our way home Caleb started to fall asleep mid evening, too late for a nap and too soon to go to bed. We tried everything we could to wake him up, but he was out. I got off the interstate in Sugar House and pulled over to see what could be done about the sleeping giant, when Cali and Carter saw the Olive Garden. After a few minutes Caleb came to in the parking lot of the Olive Garden. We promised him bread sticks if he'd wake up.
We (Me, Cali, Carter, and Caleb) went into the Olive Garden and had a wonderful dinner together. For real. The kids politely ordered their own dinners, said please and thank you's to the waitress, quietly colored, and engaged in conversation. While I sat there taking in the magnificent behavior, a wave of hope washed over me.






No comments:
Post a Comment