Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Beware of Giants (or Midgets)


So which one is it? Am I a giant? Or, is she a midget? If you know us, you may say both statements are true. I've never been know for my petite frame, and she pretends to be five feet tall (which is a literal and figurative stretch).

Last Friday we showed up to work in about the same outfit, if it had been anyone else I would have been totally humiliated. However, since it was just my sissy I didn't mind too much. Our coworkers thought it was equally hilarious, so we took a picture.

This very day we went to Costa Vida to split a salad and I watched in awe at the problems little people encounter. First, a lady in line nearly smashed Bethany. This woman mowed her over and didn't even see her. Second, another lady snuggled right up to her and stood way too close for comfort. Bethany claims that strange things like this happen to little people all the time. She has even had people pat her on the head. Nothing like this has ever happened to me, so I guess there are some pros to being the "big one".

Well, I guess I better go hem some pants. I have three pairs of Bethany's pants here that need at least 3 inches taken off.

More pictures of this fateful occurance can be found here.

15 comments:

Bethany Gilson said...

I hate to admit that I had on 4 inch high heels that day as well. This picture doesn't even do us justice!

Cambu said...

That's what I look like when I'm surrounded by my sisters...the giant. Sometimes I think I must have been adopted.

Family Days said...

Cute picture! How awesome that you picked out the same outfit! Y'all are both so cute! Oh and I can relate to being smashed all the time. In crowds with adults, I seriously feel like a little kid sometimes!

Dory said...

Ha ha, you guys are nerds! No just kidding, it's cute. Yes Bethany is a midget, but the only thing worse than being small is being bigger than your OLDER sister. Bethany and I wore the same clothes when she was 18...and I was 13. Traumatic.

100 Percent Cottam said...

that is HEEEElarious! you and i should dress alike sometime. 2 amazon women - look out!

Leisa said...

This is funny....that is all I have to say!

Jan said...

This picture cracks me up. Still laughing.

Aimee said...

You two came from the same womb!?!?

Jinger said...

Your posts make my day.... you are seriously a fun writer and always make me laugh. You will always be petite to me! (Don't worry that's a good thing... that means your skinny in my book!)

Jinger said...

Your posts make my day.... you are seriously a fun writer and always make me laugh. You will always be petite to me! (Don't worry that's a good thing... that means your skinny in my book!)

Tatum said...

I am going to print this photo and hang it over my mantle- simply precious! It's odd I've never thought of Bethany as a little person or you as a giant, just two beautiful girls...but now, I can kind see the whole mini-me thing you guys have going on. There's your Halloween costume idea! Start hemming!

Tatum said...

I am going to print this photo and hang it over my mantle- simply precious! It's odd I've never thought of Bethany as a little person or you as a giant, just two beautiful girls...but now, I can kind see the whole mini-me thing you guys have going on. There's your Halloween costume idea! Start hemming!

Dorey said...

My sister Joely has always been my "little big sister" love the photo. =)

McKelle said...

Twinners! I can only imagine what she would look like standing next to me!! I'm freaky big! BTW love the Go UTES Sign!

Freer Family said...

Did you ever see the movie "Twins" with Arnold Schwarseneggar and Danny Devito? LOL! I'm kidding!

You two are super cute sisters, and how fun that you work together too!