Tuesday, August 19, 2008

We Made It


We officially survived the first week of school. Some of Cali's quotes from the first week of school:

"This is WAY better than preschool."

" I have tummy ache from walking around and around and around the school."

"Dad, guess what? School didn't suck today!"

"Do we HAVE to do this EVERY day?"

"My teacher is a grandma and she loves hugs."

"I want to order a t-shirt with a bob cat (their mascot) on it, but not a ferocious one."

"Mom, is it really necessary for you to walk me all the way to school, when I know how to get there by myself?"

At the end of the first week Cali received a bobcat paw which means that she was caught showing respect and responsibility to her fellow class mates. Her teacher told me that she was wonderful, and I tried not to act shocked. Not that Cali isn't wonderful, but she has a hard time showing respect and responsibility at home. Apparently at school she is very obedient and does everything she is asked the first time she is asked to do it, and has NEVER thrown a fit.

I'm not going to lie, I'm impressed! Now if some of the good behavior could just transfer to our home, I would really be happy!

10 comments:

Steph said...

Yeah the first day down! She is adorable. That sandwich looks delish by the way!

Bethany Gilson said...

Hooray Cali I am so proud of you big girl! Go bobcats!

Family Days said...

Awesome she got a paw! Has she sang you the school song yet? It's really cute! It's so true...we were just talking about this, they act so different when they are away from us.

100 Percent Cottam said...

i will pray that maya does that well at preschool. she's such a booger lately.

Leisa said...

Funny how they respect total strangers at school, but get them home and they are sassy as ever! I loved the idea of journaling funny sayings from the first week. I'll have to copy that one when Belle starts next week. Congrats Cali!

Jan said...

I think it's the best thing that can happen to a strong-minded little girl -- to learn that someone else is in charge.

Aimee said...

Way to go Cali! Watch out--Brooklynn came home from school yesterday with some homework and a newfound knowledge of the f word. Maybe homeschooling wouldn't be too bad.

Tatum said...

Oh mylanta, Aimee! You're scaring the crap out of me...maybe private or home school is the way to go...

and now on to Cali, have I mentioned how much I love this girl and her use of the word "necessary"? Bravo on surving the first week of Track A Afternoon Kindergarten (thought I have only a vague ideas of what that actually is). I have decided that when I need a pick-me-up, I will be calling Miss Cali, "and do you know why? Because THAT is where all the fun is!" (quote originated on playground in Herriman).

Lyon Pride said...

I love the pictures! Cali will love hearing some of the things she said when she's older. She's very cute!

Freer Family said...

How great! Yeah Cali!

I'm a little jealous that your first week of school went so well. Ours was a nightmare. When I'm done crying over it I might blog about it.