It's interesting to see little glimpses of myself in my daughter. In some ways Cali and I are so different, in other ways...so similar. For example, this Saturday at our ward Christmas party Cali opted not to sit on Santa's lap. Her exact words {as if they were my own}, "I am fine with the idea of Santa, and I really like the Christmas spirit, but sitting on an old man's lap, not gonna' happen".
She saw smiling children holding their goodie bags and asked, "Do you have to sit on Santa's lap to get a candy sack?" Yes, I told her. To which she replied, "Let's go, we have plenty of candy at home."
This girl is totally my daughter!

8 comments:
she's awesome - she can help us dispose of a body anytime :)
I love it - -she's a keeper (and beautiful, too!)
Love the picture of her, Too funny!!!!
love this girl so much! She is turning into quite the wonderful little woman!
Classic! Sounds spunky!
I'm with her! Really we teach children to be careful of strangers and then we want them to take candy from strangers AND sit on the lap?!! Seriously darling!!!
That sounds exactly like you.
She is as pretty as you too.
That is so funny! I can not imagine any of my kids turning down candy, even if we "had plenty at home!"
Post a Comment