My friends and I ran the Flaming Gorge 5K last Saturday. It was so much fun to run with these girls. So much so, we're going to do it again! I was pleasantly surprised to find out earlier this year that I can run 3.25 miles without stopping and without dying of boredom. I ran track in high school but stuck to the sprinting races. I tried to run cross country as a senior, but never got the hang of it.
As an adult, I think I've developed some endurance and patience that I didn't have as a teenager. Although running just for the sake of running isn't overly fun for me, I've learned a lot as I've tried to improve. Mainly, it's more fun to run a race with friends!
I tried to keep up with Jesika {orange shirt}, but it was no use. This girl can seriously run! I felt pretty good when I could still see her ponytail, but once it vanished, I knew she was long gone. Emily {purple shirt} rocked this run out on the first day of being 28, after a long night of birthday partying! And Amanda {purple tank} ran her first 5K in years!
We were kinda sore, a little sweaty, and super happy to have finished!
4 comments:
makes me miss my 10ks :( How did I have the energy for such things?!
looks like fun maybe next year i will join you... maybe!
Nice work ladies!
Get down here and run with me! :) Way to go girlie!
Post a Comment