During the last quarter of the school year Cali has been participating in the Early Morning PE Program. The teacher sent a note home asking the parents to evaluate whether or not their child could benefit from some additional physical exercise. What kid can't! I filled out the form and she was selected to particpate. For the last few months she's been going to school on Wednesday mornings 1/2 hour early to {in her words} "do her workout".
On Thursday night all of the parents got to come and see what physical skills the kids had been working on. There were parachutes, jump ropes, hula hoops, scoop-ball-thrower-things, a climbing wall, and all the free water a kid could drink!
Cali bowed out a few minutes early to goof off in the bathroom with a friend. Seriously. I could have screamed. But, Carter and I had a wonderful time exploring the world of elementary PE. I've decided that an elementary PE teacher may have been the calling I missed in life. Getting paid to jump rope and hula hoop...why did no career councelor direct me to this occupation?
Cali and Carter had a fun time playing catch with the scoop-ball-thrower-things. Carter is going to save his money so that he can buy a set of his own and we can play catch all summer!


2 comments:
We had the scoop-ball-things a couple weeks ago (from the Easter bunny) and they were a hit... somehow they've disappeared! I should have been a P.E. teacher too! I love being Cub Master, but unfortunately there's not any income (or career-advancement) in it.
I love this girl and her workouts! She is the best! I love when she breaks down her zumba moves for me! too cute
Post a Comment