Sunday, November 20, 2011

A Lot of Anger Followed By A Lot of Coolness

Carter wanted an Angry Bird birthday, so for his school birthday treats I made angry birds sugar cookies {thank you Pinterest, you never let me down}. For a few short moments I was the coolest mother, ever!


Carter and his friend Chandler carefully handed out one angry cookie to each student in the class, while I sat back and basked in my ultra-cool-mother status.


Shouts of joy and excitement could be heard all around the classroom. Squeeky kindergarten voices shouted, "Carter, these are the best cookies ever", "Carter, I love your birthday cookies", "Carter, can I have another one", "Carter, your mom is so much cooler than my mom", so maybe I made the last one up, but you get the general idea.


Carter was so proud of his cookies and his birthday hat, he was king for a day.


With all the joy and adulation I forgot about this cute little angry piggy, he helped himself to several cookies and made himself right at home among the kindergarteners.

{side note} In the background of this Caleb picture you will see bean bags piled up in the left hand corner. You will also notice that these bean bags have no covers on them, and that their covers are laying on top of the bags. When we attended Carter's parent teacher conference Caleb fell and hit his head on the cubbies {pictured in the right side of this photo} and bled all over the bean bags. Thankfully the covers are washable and head injuries heal.

2 comments:

Reed & Melinda Family said...

That is a really cute pic probably cuz its our boys! Love the cookies!

Aimee said...

I think I might be able to get Gavin to look up at me from playing angry birds to look at and eat one of these cookies--he gets in a zone when he's killing pigs.
Great job! They look so cute!