Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Brock's Birthday, Meeting Kate, and a Realization...


On March 15, 2013 my cute little nephew Brock Tyler turned one. I can hardly believe it! He is the cutest little ball of goo in the whole world, and we cannot get enough of his antics. On Saturday March 16 we took a little road trip to Salt Lake for his first birthday party. However, not before I accidentally jabbed a Qtip through my ear and into my brain. Worst. pain. ever. This little accident set us back from leaving on time, but I figured we had plenty of time. I was wrong, not only did we leave late (and mostly deaf), but I had written the bday party time down wrong in the first place. We were more than fashionably late, and I felt terrible about the whole situation.

Not to worry! We made it in time to see Brock pitch a fit about his cake, and then barely touch it. I really wanted him to make a mess, but in true laid back Brock fashion he only took a few licks. Oh well, more cake for me!

The second highlight of our little belated birthday trip was meeting Kate Gwen for the first time. My brother Brandt and his wife Alexis (or Wexis as Caleb...and now the rest of us call her) had a baby on January 11th. With all of our winter comings and goings we hadn't made it to Provo to meet her yet. Alexis was supposed to be in Las Vegas for the weekend, but came home early, and we were so glad that she did!

We haven't decided who she looks like the most, but the cheeks are definitely Brandt's!


 We tried to get a few photos of all the Peacock cousins together for the first time. As you can see, it was mildly successful.Also, my kids look like giant grown ups around these cute babies!
 
After the birthday party and the family fun, the kids played on the playground for a few minutes. I looked over to see Cali and Carter riding the fake NASA spaceship together. After watching High School Musical 2 on the way to SLC, they were once again playing Troy and Gabriella. They've been playing this for years, and as they sat there together I remembered that not too long ago I had taken a very similar picture.

Truthfully, after reflecting on how fast Brock's year had gone, and how much Kate had grown since January, I was not prepared for the contrast that five whole years can bring. Bethany said that the only thing this picture proves is that she's lived at the University Village for way too long. I think that it proves that no matter what, for good or for bad, time does not and cannot stand still. 
 
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Mike and Jayna Miller said...

These pics are so cute. I wish I could have been there. I can't believe the 5 yr photo. That is truly crazy!

DisabilityDiva said...

You are amazing with your busy life and travels. Sorry about the q tip! Such cute pics of the kids!!