
My friend Jessy, Cali, and I ran the Flaming Gorge 5K together. It was too hot and too uphill for my liking, but we had a great time together.

Somewhere a long the way Cali got a little bit turned around and ran an extra 1.5 miles... No big deal, she still finished in under an hour! I asked her if she wanted me to stay with her, but she insisted that we each run our own pace. We stayed pretty near each other for the first mile. After that she hung with Jessy, so when Jessy crossed the finish line I assumed Cali was not far behind. After backtracking down the hill and around the last turn, I saw her in the distance. She'd missed a critical arrow along the trail, and instead of finishing the prescribed route, she completed the entire first half of the race...again.




No comments:
Post a Comment