
Birthday's don't usually get me rilded up. Getting older, is just one of those things that happens when you keep living. That, I can deal with.
What I cannot deal with is small ninja children climbing their dresser on my birthday eve. We were just about to leave the house for the morning, when I heard a loud crash. I probably don't move as fast as a regular mother, since loud crashes are kind of like an everyday sound. This one however, was truly unique.
There was screaming, the physical containment of the "F" word, and the launching of kids into my bedroom where I could lock the door. After staring for a few minutes, I picked up the stuff, tipped the dresser over, and went to work. Oh, and I resassured the kids that I wasn't going to hurt them or send them to the military academy.
The next day, on my actual birthday, I found that Cali had composed this note for me via a translating app she downloaded on her iPod. I don't speak much Spanish, therefore, I too had to download the app to figure out what she was saying.


No comments:
Post a Comment