Thursday, July 26, 2007

Help!

This is a cry for help. I am having a birthday party (yes another one) for Cali on Saturday. This party is just for her little neighborhood friends. I am expecting about 12 kids between the ages of 3-5 both boys and girls. And now I don't know how to entertain them for two hours. Well, I guess some of that time we can eat lunch and cake and open presents. But what do I do with the rest of the time? Does anyone have suggestions about fun games for 12 really wild meowzers?

Also, I am new at this blogging thing and I am not sure how to get text between my pictures. Every post that I put out there has all the pictures first, and then the text at the bottom. How can I get text inbetween the pictures?

4 comments:

Freer Family said...

You are a party animal!!! I suggest outdoorsy things, wading pools, water balloons, relay races, running thru' sprinklers. Although you would probably not want them tromping thru' your house soaking wet so I guess my ideas are kinda sucky now that I think about it, lol. I'll keep my thinking cap on for you. There are alot of websites with kid party ideas out there. Google is your friend, lol!

100 Percent Cottam said...

cookie decorating is always a HUGE hit at our parties. just get bake & serve sugar cookies, tubs of frosting (and dye them lots of colors) and tons of skittles, m&m's, sprinkles, etc. the kids love that. or do cupcakes and then you don't have to make a cake. i usually plan a crafty thing for them to work on when they get there. we did necklaces with foam beads last year. one bucket of those beads from michael's will do a zillion necklaces. i love the idea of water games, but filling up water balloons brings out the satan in me. i usually rent a bounce house, that's always a hit. you could get one of the big waterslide versions. oh, and with the pictures. when you're uploading, if you choose "no format" or something like that, you can move everything around to how you want it.

100 Percent Cottam said...

oh, and get a piniata! the kids go nuts for that, and with little kids it takes forever to get it to crack open.

Freer Family said...

Cam, I posted the directions over at my blog on how to do the cute topper. Of course I can take zero credit for mine. But I do know that she made it in photo shop and that the only requirement was that it needed to be 800 pixels wide. You could use photos or whatever you want. You are better with the whole HTML thing than me so you will probably be able to figure it out.

Oh yeah, pinatas are fab. Can't wait to see pictures. Good luck! :)