Saturday, November 10, 2007

As Carter Would Say, "It Time to Party"

Happy Birthday to Carter!

His birthday is November 10th, but we have to have as many parties as possible. So we started last night. Christian's parents (Carl and Vicki), his brother (Dustin), his sister (Melissa) and her husband (Devin) came over for dinner. Christian made manicotti and spaghetti carbonara, we ate and ate. After dinner we opened presents. My friend and neighbor Adrienne, and her daughter Calee came over to wish Carter a happy birthday. Then we had some cake. I made him a Lightening McQueen and a Tow Mater cake.


Carter's two loves: Cars and Cake


I know they're not the most professional pieces of work ever. But I do have a dream of becoming a professional cake decorator......some day.....maybe.





He kept saying, "Are they coming?" Which I think meant that he thought he could drive them around.

8 comments:

100 Percent Cottam said...

holy crap, you did make them! girl, you are one smart cookie. they are too cute.

Tami said...

I love Carter's pose...hands on his chin, admiring his awesome mother's works of art! You are great...I haven't attempted making cakes like that...I stick to making simple ice-cream cakes.

Family Days said...

Those are awesome cakes!! How fun for him!! My boys would go hog wild with those cakes!

Dorey said...

love the cakes, you are such a cute mom. =)

Freer Family said...

Love, love, love the cakes. You ROCK! Wow!
I think I need Christian's carbonara recipe, that sounds yum!

Jenny said...

What great cakes -- they look like the real cars! Cake decorating is not a skill that I have. You're amazing!

Anonymous said...

What great pictures. I miss you all so much and can't wait to see you. - Papa Peacock

Anonymous said...

The cakes are so cute. Where did you think of such a thing? Remember the bike cake? Mom