
I was looking for a way to mix up my workouts this week, so I decided to throw in some Yoga. It's really not my favorite type of workout. I will never look like Madonna and I have yet to master many of the more challenging poses, but I felt like I needed a little change. It turned out to be a good choice. I felt more relaxed and less stressed throughout the day. I completed a pretty challenging lower body workout earlier in the week, and I felt that doing yoga helped my muscles stretch and recover. Cali even joined me for the last part, and she thought it was fun and funny. So I think I'm going to try to practice some yoga a few times a week. I think Cali and I will do it during Carter's nap time. It will give us a chance to regroup, and by us I mean....me.
If you are looking for some great holiday fitness tips, please check out Tough Girl Training. Tough Girl knows her stuff and is an inspiration to everyone who is trying to get or stay in shape.
5 comments:
i was just saying to chris last night that i really need to get back into the yoga gym. yoga is the only type of exercise i like. i wish i could find a dvd that i like. do you have a recommendation?
Go sister! And tough girl is one tough girl!
I tried yoga once. It gave me a wicked headache so I've never cracked open that DVD again. I'm glad it worked for you, relaxation is great! I bet Cali will make quite the fancy yoganese girl.
I don't think I'm flexible enough for yoga although I would like to be. Maybe over time?
Thanks Cam! Yoga is great. Just the thing to add to a cardio and weight training regime. Finding quiet time to do yoga is the problem for me. But I will have to pencil in time this week for it. By the way, I am looking for a new exercise DVD to do at home for a change up in routine. Do you love Turbo Jam? Anyone else try anything they love? I have Tae Bo and The Firm already. I want something different.
Post a Comment