Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas everyone. Cali and I got our Christmas spirit on today by getting our friend/neighbor gifts ready. One of my goals this year was to simplify the holiday season, and try to focus on what is important. I usually bake like a crazy meowzer the week before Christmas, I love to do it, but I get all worked up in a cloud of sugar and flour. So, this year I instituted a house wide baking strike. I am not baking a single thing (um..except the cookies that I made on Sunday and the cookies I plan to bake on cookie *magoockie day). So my friend/neighbor gifts don't contain any baked goods this year. It's made my life a lot easier. I hope you enjoy them as much as Cali and I enjoyed putting them together.

Stuffed: No small children allergic to peanuts were harmed in the stuffing of these gifts.


Stacked: I've already given several away, this was purely for the photo op.

*cookie magoockie day is an official holiday that my mom made up when we were little kids. It occurs on the eve of Christmas eve, and it's a day devoted to making Christmas and Santa cookies. I will lift my ban for this special occasion.

9 comments:

100 Percent Cottam said...

no baking?! yeah, me neither. well, maybe. there's still time. maybe for cookie mcgoockie. but only for me. not for my neighbors.

Family Days said...

So Cute!! Thanks Cammie! I just so happened to be at the dollar store when you came by darn it! But, they are really cute, thanks so much!

Jan said...

I like your attitude here. No baking. I did all mine last week -- for someone else! I may lift the ban in a day or two but not sure yet.

Dorey said...

Thanks! You always do such cute neighbor gifts. Dorin was stoked, Cali handed it to him so he thought that it was HIS present, it took him awhile to share, but he finally realized that momma gets all the chocolate.=)

Anonymous said...

Family, friend, neighbor.......coworker gifts? You can bring my goodie bag on Friday:)

Freer Family said...

Cute! I'm dying to know what's inside since I'm 500 miles away I'm not a neighbor, lol!
I haven't baked this year either. Maybe I will celebrate cookie magookie day with you.

regibells said...

Thanks for the yummy treats! jake carried it around the house awhile stopping now and then to open it up just so he could close the magnet thingy. Cute idea!

Anonymous said...

When we were first married your Mom was baking cookies the day before Christmas and she said that her mother and grandmother had always done it. To be funny I said, "Sure they did that's Cookie McGoockie Day. They celebrate that all over the world." Gwen said that she'd never heard that but I slowly convinced her that there was a celebration called Cookie McGookie Day. She finally bought it and then about killed me when I laughed and told her it was just a joke. Since then our family has made it a point to celebrate this unofficial holiday. Happy Cookie McGookie Day and Festivus to you all - Oh and Merry Christmas. Dad

Tami said...

Thanks for the goods! We have been enjoying them and thought it was a cute idea!