On Saturday I reintroduced the potty trainer to Carter. He was mildly amused, and sat on it for a few minutes. I offered him cup after cup of juice and water with the hope that it would get his juices flowing. Nothing. Christian came home from work and offered to watch Carter while Cali and I ran to the store. When I got home there was much joy and elation at our house. Whilst I was gone, Carter peed in the potty trainer. Christian said the exchange went something like this:
Christian: (upstairs vacuuming, sees Carter walk up the stairs with no underpants on...stops vacuuming)
Carter: Dad, dad I have to tell you something.
Christian: What Carter?
Carter: I sat on the potty trainer and something came out of my winger.
Christian: Let's go see.
Carter: (very excited pointing into the potty trainer)
Christian: I am so proud of you (much celebration!!)
So, we've made a huge step. He now knows where the potty comes from (his "winger") and where it goes (in the potty). I thought that maybe this was a one time deal. Something that he did just to impress his dad. But, no. He did it again yesterday too. He may actually be potty trained before the age of 12.
pictures coming.......
10 comments:
Hooray! Love the term "winger"! Maybe I'll start using that one.
Good job little winger! Carter is becoming a big boy not a baby! How sad!
Yay! That is great news for all of you. Diapers will be a thing of the past soon...
Hooray for Carter...Soon he will be telling you..."Get out of here, I need to poo" like Dodger said while shoving me out of the bathroom this morning.
P.S. I don't know if I can ever eat at Winger's again...jk!
WOAH!!!! I knew that kid was smart! Your days of diapers are limited.
Isn't it so exciting when they all of a sudden just get it. Yeah!! What a big boy!
Still laughing at 'winger' (how appropriate, right?!) -- and I promise that he will definitely be potty-trained by 12. Yay for Carter!
Cammie- your kids have so much spunk and personality- I LOVE IT!!! Hayden and I were laughing so hard as he read it to me! WOW!!! How fun!
Winger is my new favorite word!!! Good luck and congrats. Boys are way harder to train than girls (so I've heard). Cole was a nightmare. I thought he was going to have to wear pull-ups on his mission.
First of all, very impressed with Carters new found ability! Second of all, your husband vaccums? How I wish my hubby would vaccum while I'm gone. Lucky you!
Post a Comment