I just finished my first full week of being 31. So far. So good. It actually feels a lot like 30, which felt a lot like 25, which was really similar to 21, which was nearly indistinguishable from 18, which was pretty much like a sweet 16. Bottom line, aside from the obvious changes in my skin's elasticity, I don't feel a whole lot different than I did 15 years ago.
I have been blessed with good health, a great family, and a pretty awesome life. Each of my kids took a minute to welcome me to 31 {see collage}. Carter and Cali both welcomed me with a hug and a smile; Caleb by eating a good chunk of my birthday pie.
Ok...ok...So, Caleb didn't eat ALL the pie, I took care of most of it! Christian and I enjoyed a nice dinner at Fiesta Guadalajara on Saturday night where the service was so so slow. When we take the kids out to dinner, slow service is my worst nightmare. However, when Christian and I go to dinner, I LOVE some slow service. It makes me feel like I don't have anywhere else to be. Plus, after a couple basket of chips and salsa, you're not even THAT hungry anymore. It was great.
Some time between midnight on the 9th and midnight on the 10th my inbox was flooded with a ton of Facebook posts, I was able to respond to each one, but would like to thank everyone again for their thoughtfulness and kind remarks. I got some nice gifts from my family and friends, enjoyed a birthday dinner with some of my best girl friends, and now I am ready to face the adventures and challenges of another year. Here's to AT LEAST 31 more!

4 comments:
happy belated to one of my besties! 30s truly are not so bad! ;)
oh I'm a bad friend! Happy belated birthday!
and you will have to tell me your secret - I do NOT feel like I did at 16. I'm lucky if I can manage to stay up past 11pm!
Glad your day was awesome, you deserve it!
Post a Comment