The same week in June that Bethany came for a visit (June 11-June17) Cali got a part in the children's theater production of the Wizard of Oz. Thankfully Bethany was able to help me run her to and from the many practices involved with this production. The kids auditioned on Monday and performed on Saturday. It was crazy, and even more crazy to see how well the whole thing came together.
She was a munchkin and had a couple lines and a few songs with her fellow munchkins. At one point during the production Christian turned to me and said, "did we pay for this". He obviously doesn't have a deep love of children's theater.
Cali did a great job and learned a lot. She also started taking dancing this summer and is having a hard time deciding whether to focus on jazz and ballet or hip hop and cheer because, in her words, "I'm just so good at all of them." We're working on humility, but it's hard when you're awesome.
Just yesterday she said to me, "I hope I don't get too famous because I don't want to end up like a lot of the Hollywood stars, so I am just going to try from small movie parts so I don't get too famous..." How do you argue with this stuff?



3 comments:
Oh Cali you are so wise. Not to mention cute!
gee, I wonder where she gets it :)
shiz, i'm still sayin stuff like that.
Post a Comment