We woke up well rested and ready for the final day of our journey. In order for me to catch my flight back to SLC, we had to wake up in St. Louis and be in Atlanta that night. We had a lot less to see and do and a lot more miles to cover. With limited time, we had to pick a few things to see. Like true tourists we headed straight to the St. Louis arch.
Look, I'm in the West! A few feet closer and I'd be in the East. I walked under the arch to fully experience the gateway to the West.
Lots of other tourists were also trying to push the arch over, so we joined in.
We walked into an underground museum and bought some tickets to ride a small tram to the top of the arch. At the top there were several small windows. This is the view of St. Louis from the top of the arch. Looking west.
Looking east at the mighty Mississippi.
It's a pretty tight fit at the top, but we managed to squeeze in for a few pictures.









No comments:
Post a Comment