Wednesday, October 8, 2008

A Boy, His Trumpet, His Sister, and Weezer


We arrived at the ECenter promptly at 5:30 p.m. We received our tickets, we were searched, and then proceeded to wait.

All of the musicians were required to sign their name, instrument, and contact info....that took a while. Then we waited about another hour until finally the rep from the record label took the musicians into a super-secret-back-stage practice room. Then the ushered all of the musician's guests to their seats. Where we sat and waited....

After about an hour {it's about 7:30 p.m. by now} the musicians returned. Backstage passes slapped on their shirts. Brandt said it was a fun and amazing experience to practice with the band. Well, technically there was only one band member there for the practice and it wasn't Rivers.


These cut-out album covers kept us entertained for hours. We took advantage of the photo-ops during the first opening band's set. I don't know their name, but the were no good.

The blue album is my favorite and most likely to make me nostalgic for 1994.

More photo fun while sitting in our seats.

And yet, even more photo fun. The second band to go on was Angels in Airwaves. They were OK. the lead singer is Tom from Blink 182, and he still can't sing.
Finally Weezer arrived on stage in all their crazy glory. Note: Rivers has a strange scary ski mask thing over his head.
One wardrobe change from their white straight jackets into some funky red track suits. They played lots of their classics and lots of their new stuff too.
At 10:50 p.m. it was time for Brandt's debut. He's right in the middle of the stage standing next to a big guy in a red shirt. I am working on posting the video right now.
One encore and a final bow and we were on our way at about 11:30 p.m. It was such a fun night, and one that neither of us will be forgetting soon.
A special thanks {as always} to Bethany for watching my kids until Christian could pick them up. They had the most fun playing at "Bethany's Playground."

9 comments:

Jan said...

Awesome. Amazing. I love it!

Leisa said...

That is so exciting! You have an awesome brother.

Freer Family said...

That looks like the funnest night ever!

Mindy said...

How fun, I was telling Zac about it and he was beyond jealous.

100 Percent Cottam said...

that is AMAZING! a night to remember for sure!

Cambu said...

This looks like it was an amazing night! I am so glad you both got this opportunity.

I guess it just goes to show that you never know what can happen just by listening to the radio.

Mari said...

I totally thought it was Bethany's face in the Weezer album picture! I never realized how much you two can look alike.
The show looks like a riot! I'm glad you guys had fun. So did Brandt get to meet any other band members?

Shanae Butler said...

Neal has been keeping me up to date on the Peacock happenings, and I have to say - this comes as no surprise to me. Brandt's amazing and I don't think Weezer has seen the last of him.

Dorey said...

You are my IDOL! =)