Wednesday, October 29, 2008

A Fond Farewell

Bethany hit the nail on the head when she said "it was the best of times, it was the worst of times." She was referring to my last day of work, which was today. After scampering around to get my final things in order, I had an exit interview with my boss. During the interview I couldn't help the tears from coming. My time with University Health Care has been wonderful, challenging, and the staff is second to none. I don't think my boss was ready for the tear fest and recommended that I regain composure, because my fellow co-workers were throwing me a surprise party.

So there I was surprised, and honored, shocked, and red faced from crying. When I entered the room everyone yelled SURPRISE! Then they started to clap. I tried to hold it in, it takes a lot to get me crying, but once I start it's hard to stop. So there I was again, squirting tears in front of all my co-workers. I was truly overwhelmed with their support and appreciation.

Of course, my wonderful sister was there too. She grabbed my camera and started snapping pictures and passing out her world famous sugar cookies. It really was the best and worst of times. Here are some pictures from this memorable event!

No Wednesday or Friday would be complete without a lunch break with my sister. Pay no attention to my bawled out eyes, I really tried to get my act together.

My work friends: Rudy, Scott, Josh and Isaac {quite possibly the best guys ever!}

My mentor and hero Margo Beecher.

5 comments:

Freer Family said...

What an awesome tribute to you! And you look amazing tear-faced and all! That last day is so hard, I remember it well. Good luck! Love ya!

Jake and Roz said...

Wait... you didn't cry when you left this office! Guess you don't love us as much :(

Jan said...

How sweet for them to do that for you -- last days of any kind are awful.

Sending lots of hugs and best of luck with your new adventure!

Unknown said...

Change is definitely hard, but good. It made me cry just reading your blog, but I cry at everything anymore. :) I love you guys, and I am excited for your new adventures. We are just going to have to keep blazing that trail to Wyoming so Parker can see his cousins!

Dave and Gretchen said...

AWW! I hate good-bye, too! I hope all is well with your family. Good luck with everything.