Wednesday, October 1, 2008

His Name is Jonas

Not really, his name is Brandt, but he is going to be playing with Weezer in concert at the E Center on Tuesday night. And it's all because of me {Oh, and his crazy music talent}. I was listening to X96 this morning as I was stuck in a huge traffic mess on I15. Weezer is coming in concert on Tuesday and has requested that 30 local musicians play with them on stage for one or two of their songs. I thought it sounded pretty cool, so I called Brandt. I gave him the phone number and told him about the contest. Our conversation went something like this:

Cammie: Brandt, what are you doing?
Brandt: Oh, just laying in bed like an old cat.
Cammie: Do you play an acoustic bass?
Brandt: No
Cammie: Do you play a wind instrument?
Brandt: No, I just play my trumpet.
Cammie: Do you like Weezer?
Brandt: I love Weezer.
Cammie: Good enough. You HAVE to call x96 and audition for this contest. The winners get to play with Weezer in concert on Tuesday.
Brandt: OK, Bye.

Traffic finally started moving and as I approached Foothill the contest was well under way. I was wondering if Brandt was able to get through when I heard this......



Score! He totally wailed on the trumpet, won a spot to play with Weezer, scored two tickets to the concert, plus backstage passes! It was a very funny, not to mention random, way to start the day.

And who oh who will he be giving his extra ticket to? Why, me of course! So I'll be jammin out at the Weezer concert on Tuesday night.

A very very big thank you to my friend and co-worker, Josh Anderson. In less than a few minutes he spliced the audio from the pod cast, snagged a picture of Brandt from Bethany, and created a photo montage. If you have any audio/visual needs let me know and I will pass your info onto Josh. He's amazing.

11 comments:

Tatum said...

and the best line from the dialogue: "Good enough." I cannot believe this! and yeah, he had better take you! How fun! Get an autograph for me! Brilliant-brilliant sister, musically brilliant brother- just a capital idea. BTW- is there anything the Peacock family cannot do? Sing, act, sew, cook, play musical instruments, impersonate comedians... I bet you can all carve a chain out of a single piece of wood too.

Dorey said...

That is so awesome! I love Weezer! Why didn't you call me? OK, so I don't have any musical talent but remember my fortune cookie about the "interesting musical oppurtunity"? I feel jipped! j/k That is so cool.

Mari said...

No Tatum, we cannot carve chains out of wood, but Brandt did carve his new best friend, Long Wong Dong, out of a stick while camping last July. But then he threw him in the fire the next morning.
Cammie, I do believe this event calls for a shopping trip. Not that your current clothes aren't totally cute (because they are) but it's a great reason for a new outfit! I want some cell phone video posted here next Wednesday!

Family Days said...

That is awesome!! Take lots of pics!!

Cambu said...

This is so cool! You have to be sure to take video of the songs he plays on stage so we can all see it!! And I want to hear all about it afterwards! :)

Ashley said...

That sounds so fun, I remember that you used to love Weazer back in the day so enjoy. That is cool that he won.

Dory said...

Yaaaaaayyyyyyyyy!

Jinger said...

Pretty sweet! To stick your bro out there! And he sounds really good on the trumpet! that will be a sweet concert!

Aimee said...

You deserve some sort of amazing sister award.
Brandt played great too!
Please, please shed a tear for me when they play the sweater song. That song brings back some memories.

Freer Family said...

Go Brandt! That is the COOLEST thing ever! You guys are going to have a total blast. I saw Weezer a couple of years ago, they rock!

Tami said...

AWESOME! I'll have to come back and look at the clip, it was "unavailable."