Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Ode to Jay

This picture was taken at the end of August 2007. To which Jay said, "This is the perfect before picture, you look so ugly."

Since I mentioned him in my previous post, I thought it was fitting that I dedicate a post to my hair stylist. Some of you know him, some of you have even met him, and you have to agree that this man deserves his own blog....possibly his own universe.


Jay and I have been together since March 2005. My friend Nikki cut my hair for several years, but during some trying times in her life she gave up the hair cutting business. I was looking for someone to replace her, this was no easy task. My friend Clint suggested that I try his stylist. I did, and here we are four years later.


Jay has not only brought me so many wonderful hair cuts and colors, he has also provided me with endless hours of entertainment, drama, and hilarity. Here are just a few of my favorite Jayisms...


When asked if he was dating anyone: {paraphrased} "No, I need two lovers, one on each arm. When we enter a room they would each break dance on either side of me. People would have to refer to us as , 'Jay and the Unstoppable Danger'."


When explaining a fight he had with his friend's boyfriend: "I punched him in the mouth in front of the homeless shelter, and then I told him, 'don't bring your drama up in my house....especially on my laundry day!'"


When I first walked into the salon on Saturday: "Cammie, you have lost so much weight....Your clothes don't even look right on you..." {I haven't lost any weight...but thanks, I think?}


When describing himself: "Gay men love me....Straight women love me....Straight men REALLY love me....I have universal appeal!"


He is also a dedicated father and community activist for foster parenting, earning him the honor of Utah's Foster Parent of the Year two years ago. He is a great hair stylist, and even better entertainer. I will be visiting with him again in 9-11 weeks!!

10 comments:

Cambu said...

Hilarious! I always loved your Jay stories.

PS...I am glad to know that I will no longer be the lone crazy person for driving for miles to visit my stylist. My trip is one hour (each way) so you earn the prize! :)

Amanda said...

I totally meant to tell you that your hair looks totally cute (even your work-out style :)

Family Days said...

That is hilarious!...and your hair looks awesome! and...I thought you looked so cute in your V-Day pics! and...you are a blogging maniac I can hardly keep up with your blog! But, I LOVE it!!

Jake and Roz said...

Oh Jay Jay Jay... he does have his own universe - it's this one, and the rest of us are just visiting. I'll never forget the day it took him more than 2 hours just to cut my hair because Janet Jackson's "If" came on the radio and he couldn't stop pretending he was in high school dance company and dancing all over the salon trying to get people to pay attention to him :) Gotta love Jay - just plan to make a day of it!

Jan said...

Your Jay sounds a lot like my Jake. I love him and will be loyal forever!! Trips to the salon not only make my hair happy, they make ME happy.

Mari said...

It sounds like you get your money's worth all the way around. Who knew getting their hair cut could be better than any movie? I'd say your trek to SLC is worth it.

Bethany Gilson said...

Oh Jay! Even though I only met him once it was a day I shall never forget! He does have universal s-appeal!

Lyndee said...

I heard him and Tyler really hit it off. I am going to have to side with Tyler on this one.

Dory said...

Oh sweet sweet Jay. Do you think you could get me an appointment with like his apprentice or something?

Tatum said...

Can I come to your next appointment? The only thing funnier than him would be you conversing with him. That picture is precious. And pain in the butt or no, you are simply hot with bangs- Make that haute.

I think this most recent style may be the pinnacle of his career....I wonder what he would do to me? besides curse and swear at my over-processed and under-styled locks?

At any rate, he is worth the treacherous drive through a blizzard.