Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Bobbing For...

Today at primary activity day Cali showed her best bobbing-for-apples-skills. And by best I mean, she barely put her face in the water, may or may not have even touched an apple, and quickly came up for air, admitting defeat. I cheered her on and tried to turn her into a fierce competitor, but she was fine with not getting an apple.

After she took her turn, I noticed that there are many other things that one could be bobbing for when bobbing for apples. For example, hair...almost every girl who bobbed ended up getting their hair wet which means some hair could have fallen into the water. Spit...several of the kids spit a mouthful of water back into the bucket. Boogers...it's not likely there are actual boogers in the water, but many kids did dip their noses in. And in general, tons of germs.

There were lots of other pioneer games for the kids to play, bobbing for apples being just one of them. The primary presidency did a great job organizing the activities and teaching the kids to play the games pioneer children would play. But, bobbing for apples is just one {of the many} reasons I was not a pioneer!

2 comments:

Jake and Roz said...

just the thought of bobbing for apples makes me want to vomit. Gross!

Tatum said...

I've always said Cali is a girl after my own heart. I would have done the same, not into the bobbing whatsoever!