Since that time I've learned many valuable lessons from my mom. Sometimes when you feel like crying, try laughing instead. It's a little trick that has served our family well over the years. At present, my mom enjoys and excellent quality of life. She has been able to manage her major flare ups with the help of medical miracles.
These medical miracles are only made possible by advancing research and providing resources to those with MS. This is the reason we walk...Because she can!
Last year during the MS walk we enjoyed beautifully crisp weather on our 3 mile walk of downtown SLC. The orange balloons were carried by almost everyone, it was a sight to see. We finished our walk back where we started, at the Gateway Mall, as we came into the plaza there were hundreds of people clapping and cheering. They lined the sidewalk and told us "thank you" as we finished the walk. They were all people with MS who couldn't walk for themselves.
We are very blessed, lucky, and thankful that our mom was one of those with the disease who could complete the 3 mile walk unassisted.
Although fundraising is not my specialty, the experience was truly life changing. I can't thank you enough for your donations last year, our team raised $2200.00. We are trying to double that figure this year. It's a lofty goal. But we know that every donation, regardless of size, will help those suffering with MS.
If you would like to make a donation, or join our team, please click on the link below.
http://main.nationalmssociety.org/goto/cpollastro
Click on the "Donate to Cammie" tab. Or the "Join Team Tootsie Roll" tab.
5 comments:
this was so fun last year - mostly because we actually got to see you guys!
Roz! Join our team again!
I want to be on your team again. I will talk to Devin and see. What are your plans for that weekend? Maybe we could celebrate April B-days on Friday night? Let me know, I'm sure my mom would want to do that.
I will talk to Jake and see!
This is so awesome that you do this for your Mom. We've done Relay for Life for years for my Grandparents who passed from cancer.
I'll have to go donate to your team!
Post a Comment