My one and only daughter is so much like me, and so much not like me at all. It is so interesting and divine to see how these children come to this earth with their personality and agenda. I've had so much Cali-ness the last few days, I thought I would share...There is definitely enough to go around!
It all started with this picture. As if I haven't displayed enough moderate quality photography lately, right? Well, several weeks ago Cali brought home a paper with the dates for Spring pictures. I already bought Fall pictures, so I didn't send it back. Some time later she told me that she had her picture taken, I guess the took everyone's pictures...Then yesterday before she went out the door to school she told me that she had her pictures in her back back and I needed to see the note and pick which ones to buy. I kindly explained that we weren't going to buy this time, be she assured me that they were really really really really cute. So I took a look. They were {as you can see} Ok. Cali and I have to pick our battles, so a few times a week I let her do her own hair...this was one such day. I tried to put all the pictures back in the return envelope when a whole bunch of cut-out pictures fell out. I asked her if she cut them out, to which she replied:
"Yes, on accident {how do you accidentally cut something out?} When they passed the pictures out I thought that you gave me a surprise by buying them anyway, so I cut them out." Seems logical, right? So we now have some more Cali pictures, and if nothing else a really memorable story to go with how we came by them.
Same day, different time...I picked her up from school where she informed me that she forgot her p.e. shoes and had to sit out for the entire p.e. class. She was mad! She had to miss out on her favorite activity, tag. No sooner had she recovered from this injustice she gave Carter an entire dissertation on the difference between playing a game that is on your computer and playing a game that is on the internet. Complete with details about downloading software vs. connecting to the internet. All of this happened on the way to gymnastics, and when I finally dropped her off she jumped out and ran up to my window a performed a very similar dance number in the parking lot.
Thursday, March 25, 2010
The Cali-ness of Life
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
she is just a fancy lady and there is nothing you can do about it! lol on her cutting up her pics herself - I guess that's one way to force you to have a tangible memory of one of the days she did her own hair!
Those pictures are pretty cute! She is such a sassy pants I love her! I also think some expensive dance lesson are in order, shes got moves they just need to coached! Bulldogs in the front! She is the best
I just laugh reading these stories! It is so Cali. I just love that girl. Can't wait to see all of you tomorrow. Parker and I are hopping in with Mom and Dad.
Oh Cali Sue. She's quite the young lady. Abby told me that she cut out her school pics. (I love my little rat.) I did't want any either but when they send them home & the kids want to keep them you have no choice in the matter!!
The picture people are monsters I tell ya! Monsters!!!
Love it! Must be the age. My Anabelle is hilarious every day. She has this thought process that is so uniquely hers, that I can hardly keep up! I think she did a fantastic job on her hair, by the way. I don't even let Belle attempt hers. She'd end up with a U hat on and call it good :)
Post a Comment