Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Cali's Baptism

July 23rd was a special day for Cali, she was baptized a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. It was a very exciting weekend for us, lots of family, lots of fun, and lots of food. We had several tender moments with our sweet Cali reflecting on the past eight years.


I snapped this picture in the dressing room right before I helped her dry off. I think her crazy smile and her drippy face is so precious. I want her to stay this precious and innocent forever, I know she won't, but I am glad I have a picture of it.


Here's a collage of our wonderful supportive family members who able to share Cali's day with her. Top Row: Grandpa Neal and Grandma Gwen, Brandt and Alexis, Tyler and Bethany, Melissa, Parker, Brock, and Devin. Bottom Row: Dory, Brittany, Grandpa Carl and Grandma Vicki.

I also have to say a big thank you to my friends who helped me so much too. I was running around like a crazy mother and forgot to get a picture of these wonderful ladies, but their help was very much appreciated.

Here's Cali in her "fancy woman" dress. This girl has always been a very fancy girl. When we started talking about her baptism dress she had a lot of ideas of how she wanted it to look. She drew me a few sketches of what she wanted it to look like, I found a few patterns that were acceptable to her, and this is what we came up with! It turned out very pretty, with only a few minor glitches {one being the zipper and the other being the fact that the material is very slippery, and not as sturdy as I had hoped}.

Cali is very grateful {and so am I} that she has a lot of supportive and kind friends.

It was a great day. I still can't believe that she is THAT old, and I'm having a hard time wrapping my mind around how old that makes me. I am just very grateful to have a such a great girl, and I know my life would not be complete without her...fanciness and all!


5 comments:

Jan said...

What a wonderful occasion -- we are looking at that for Maya in early October and I just can't take that in at all.

Yay for Miss Callie!!

Bethany Gilson said...

Love all the pics! Yes she is a fancy woman and it was a great weekend! She is one amazing girl!

Bethany Gilson said...

oops forgot to mention what an amazing Mom and sis you are! The flowers, the cookies, the milk, the dress, the programs, the evertyhing! You are my hero!

100 Percent Cottam said...

how are our girls this old?! i'm dying!!!

Mike and Jayna Miller said...

What a beautiful dress. Cali you look so great! I hope you had a very special day.