Monday, February 6, 2012

Bedtime is for Sleeping?

Our bedtime routines around here are a little out of whack. Cali recently went through an I'm-scared-as-soon-as-the-sun-goes-down (which is bad when it's dark at about 5:30pm) phase. I hope it was a phase, and I hope it doesn't come back anytime soon. Cali is also prone to bouts of sleep walking and reciting entire nonsensical lectures in the wee hours of the morning. Caleb, my worst sleeping child by far, still finds it necessary to get up at least once a night. Sometimes I just watch Carter sleep and give thanks that 1/3 of my children sleep.

Between the two of these strange sleepers, I have endless bedtime and nighttime horror stories. Most of which involve a semi-awake me yelling at a semi-awake child. You can see that this situation isn't healthy for anyone. Since Christian spends 75% of his life in hotel rooms, he misses out on so much of the night-time excitement. Although I have called to fill him in {read: cry and complain} to him about the lack of sleeping around this house.

After one particularly fun night where I ended up with about 20 toes in my lower back, I found this letter on my bed. I'm not going to say it solved all of our sleep deprivation problems, but for that day it did make it bearable...sweet, almost.

1 comment:

Jake and Roz said...

don't you find that... annoying, almost? Cade has taken to saying "I love you, Mommy" as soon as he thinks I might be getting mad about something. Love the guilt trip...