On one no-school day I took all three kids on an ice skating adventure at the rec center ice arena. Indoor ice is so smooth and doesn't even have any frozen leaves or cat tails to trip you up.
Cali is getting pretty good, and I really should put her in some lessons...next year. It was Carter's first time, and he was as brave as the nervous little fella' could be. He stayed close to me and close to the wall. Caleb was nuts and walked around on the skates like they were regular shoes. His coordination abilities are really just strange. When it was time to leave the ice he pitched a giant fit.
Just a tip...containing a flailing two-year old with razor sharp blades on his feet, whilst wearing skates yourself...not good. I didn't think this one through. I pictured smiling children as I wowed them with my moves. It went much better in my head.
As if we weren't cold enough from our falls and fun in the ice arena, we went and got frozen yogurt afterward! And this is how Caleb spent the rest of his afternoon...


No comments:
Post a Comment