Friday, May 16, 2008

Are You a Polygamist?

I really think that this is a question that you should NEVER ask someone unless you KNOW for a fact that the answer will be yes.

"Are you a polygamist?" is not a question that should be asked if there is even the slightest possibility that the answer is no.

Case in point, one of my very favorite co-workers just happens to share the same name as a polygamist woman who has been featured on the news and in newspapers. The name is Lori Allen. Today a man that works in an adjoining office asked her if she was a polygamist. And he was serious. He even told her that he had come by her office to ask her earlier, but she wasn't there. He also told her that he had a heard she was going to be on the news, so he was watching for her.

Ever since Lori told me about this incident, I haven't been able to contain my laughter. Some things are just too funny to me!

So, just to clear up any confusion....

This is a polygamist.


This is not!

16 comments:

Ashley said...

That is so funny, people ask me all the time in Oklahoma if I practice polygamy. It is hilarious.

Mari said...

Yeah, I'm pretty sure your friend Lori doesn't make the bangs height requirement so it should be safe to not ask her. Dude, HELLO! I think you should ask him some off the wall questions to show him how tactless he was. Things like: You've heard rumors, is he a trans-gendered individual or was he born a hermaphrodite. Perhaps he will think twice about not using common sense again.

Leisa said...

Ha! That is quite funny. Although...polygamy wouldn't be so bad. One woman to cook, one to clean, one to watch the kids, a couple to work and bring home money, and someone to get it on with your hubby when you just aren't in the mood. ;) Totally kidding!

Tami said...

Pretty dang funny! Now you can joke back to him...why are you lookin for another wife?!

Bethany Gilson said...

That is hilarious! Lori is such a good sport I wouldn't even know what to say if someone said that to me!

McKelle said...

There's a guy my husband works with that swears mormons still practice polygamy. He also won't go work in Safford, AZ because "That's where all the mormons live and they're a bunch of liars!" Picture a man with a southern draw, 4 teeth and wearing a barrel with ropes holding it up! I don't know what he looks like but knowing what he said, that's how I picture him!

Mindy said...

That is great, I would not even have the nerve to ask anybody that question even if I knew they were.

p.s. thanks for reading my blog, I love reading yours.

Aimee said...

Ummmm, maybe he was asking her if she was a polygamist so she could go join him and his 7 wives at his compound.

Jan said...

Interestingly tactless question, I think. Your friend clearly is NOT the polygamist type!

regibells said...

Oh what a joke! I cannot beleive he had the audacity to ask. How funny though!

Steph said...

That is hilarious! Some people though....they just dont get it.

Family Days said...

That is hilarious!! Some people...

Lyon Pride said...

The things people say! What about are you pregnant? The other "P" word. What is up with, people asking if your pregnant if you feel under the weather one day. I'm thinking, no I'm not pregnant and if I was and wanted you to know I would tell you. Don't ask!!

Dave and Gretchen said...

Maybe she should wear an old Pioneer Day costume to work tomorrow to keep him guessing. :)

Tatum said...

Does this man not know the bubble bang rule? I've heard they kick you out if you can't do that swoopy bubble bang, so at most she could be a former member. What a hilarious story.

P.S.- How did you get that picture of my neighbors?

Dorey said...

I could be a polygamist. My only rules for Dan would be that they have to be really butch,like moving furniture and cleaning! =)