Saturday, May 24, 2008

Good Bye Emery High


My sister Dory graduated from high school on Thursday. I don't know if this is just something that happens in the country, but it seems that the kids who get the most cheers when their names are read are usually the "stoners". I know that was very high school of me to classify people as "stoners" but it seems to be true. In Castle Dale people show up to graduation with air horns. No kidding. Sections of the crowd go totally wild for certain people. Usually the people that will look back at high school as the pinnacle of their life.

Brandt and Bethany both looked at me before Dory walked across the stage and said, "should we stoner cheer for her?" We didn't. We just clapped a little. No air horns for Dory.

10 comments:

Mari said...

What? No air horns for Dory? She should be disappointed in you. But really, when did the air horn tradition start? We got in trouble for singing the "Halls of Emery" song too loud.

p.s. I like the pic of Dory with the rose and Tyler in the back scratching his neck.

Bethany Gilson said...

Congrats Dory I thought she'd never make it!jk She is a smarty smarty pants! Mari Tyler was not scratching he was picking a neck zit! jk I don't really know what he was doing

Tatum said...

Graduation season for the Peacocks, eh? Congrats, sweet, beautful Dori Em! Have fun at SUU! I am really excited for you.

Tatum said...

Oh crap, I spelled Dory wrong...sorry.

Dorey said...

Aww, no air-horns for Dory? It must be a small town thing, it was the same at my sisters graduation. =)

Mindy said...

I am so sad you got to go, I did not get a ticket, it really pissed me off. but then I got over it.

100 Percent Cottam said...

i can't believe you didn't whoop it up for her! y'all suck! :) just kidding.

Freer Family said...

I remember the pictures of little Dory in your cubicle. How did this much time pass by?

Congrats Dory!!!

I love the term stoner cheer too, lol.

Dave and Gretchen said...

OOPS! I've done a couple-of-few stoner cheers without knowing the classification?!?

Congrats, Dory!

Family Days said...

Stoner Cheer? LOL!!