Last Wednesday, after 5 1/2 weeks in the hospital, my Grandma Cook passed away. She was an amazing woman, and there are no words to describe how she will be missed. The past few days have been intensely spiritual, sad, happy, lonely, and yet filled with gratitude.
Thank you for all of your kind words and expressions of love, I really appreciate all of your kindness. If you would like to read her obituary it is published here.
19 comments:
I am sorry to hear about your Grandma. She sounded like an amazing person. I am glad she is in a better place now.
Oh, Cammie - I'm so sorry. I know how much you love your Grandma just from reading the things you wrote about her - I know you will miss her. Thank goodness we know what we do -- and that you will be with her again.
so sorry for your loss! and you are quite right - a life well lived, for sure!
Oh Cammie, I am so sorry about the loss of your sweet sweet Grandma. I know how much you love her! I love ya, call if you need anything! (((HUGS)))!!!
I am so sorry to hear about your Grandma, I know that it is so difficult, I probably already told you but both of my grandmas have passed away in the last 7 months. I am still having a hard time with it. There is something special about the love between a grandma and their granddaughter. I am so sorry to hear about it, it sounds like she was an amazing woman. On a more positive note, I think that we are related, she was a Christiansen it looks like from her obituary and I am related to the Christiansen's, and I know that they came from that area. You will need to ask them if she was related to Elray L. Christiansen. Anyways, I am so sorry to hear that she passed away, I will be thinking of you.
I love grandmas! And I love Grandma Cook too. It has been a very sad week but I keep picturing how happy she is to be with Grandpa Cook again. This paradox of feelings can be overwhelming but it's amazing to know that there will always be a happy ending, or really no end at all.
I am so sorry to hear of your loss Cammie. Lots of thoughts and prayers for your family tonight.
Nancy Labrum Brown
I am sorry to hear about your grandma's passing. I know it is especially hard when you are close to a relative when they die. From the posts I have read, it sounds like you were very close. Just think of how lucky she is that her "test" is over. I'm sure she is so happy where she is now. I'll be thinking of you!
Our thoughts and prayers are with you. I could tell what a special lady she was by the way you adored her. So sorry for your loss.
So sorry to hear about you're grandma. I feel as though I've gotten to know her a little bit through your eyes and she was/is a wonderful grandma! Hope you feel His comforting spirit as you remember her.
I'm so sorry about your grandma! I also have a bunch of empathy for how it feels--Grandma Jo died last July and my grandpa died last November.
Both funerals gave me a chance to think of how I can be a little bit better about how I carry on their great legacy. It also turned my thoughts to the huge blessing of being able to be with our families for eternity.
I hope that you have some happy memories as you remember your amazing grandma!
So sorry Cammie. She does sound amazing! What a wonderful example and inspiring woman to have had in your life!
I'm so sorry for you loss. It really sounds like she left behind a great legacy that you're working to continue. Your tribute to her was amazing, made me want to be a better person.
Cammie,
I just wanted to say that I'm thinking about you and your family, Your Grandmother sounds like such a fun and sweet person, I loved your reading your 80 memories of her. Call me if you need anything, or just to talk. =)
Cammie: I am so sorry for your tremendous loss. Words can't comfort you, but the spirit and our prayers can. We will be praying for you and your family. What an amazing grandma you had! A life, VERY well lived. Love, us
Cammie~
Sorry about your Grandma's passing. I know how hard saying goodbye is, but what a blessing and comfort it is to know what the future holds. I'm thinking of you girl!
I very sorry to hear about your loss! I will be praying for you and your family. I hope you feel the comfort of the spirit at this time.
Love, Tuesdee
Cam,
Just want you to know I love ya. I know this such a diffiult thing. Its hard when one of the constants in your life is suddenly gone. We are all thinking of you.
I bet she is thrilled to be with Grandpa Cook again. What a sweet lady. Her obituray was very nice.
So sorry for your loss! It is hard to lose a loved one especially someone that was close to you. She sounds like such a neat lady. I have been thinking about you since I saw you on Tuesday and I hope you feel peace at this time of grief and know that you are loved!
Post a Comment