
On Thursday of last week we went on an adventure to Castle Dale to see my dad's play, Man of LaMancha. It's a favorite of mine. My dad directed and acted in this play fourteen years ago {when I was fourteen} and Christian and I had a chance to see it at the Shakespearean Festival about six years ago. This most recent production was amazing. The high school students did an amazing job, the set was fabulous, and Neal even made an appearance in the play as the Inn Keeper {the same role he played fourteen years ago}. If you ever get a chance to see this play I highly recommend it, or google it and read about it!
Carter is a little too young {wild} to appreciate the theatre, so he stayed with Melissa and Devin and "helped" them with Parker. After the play was over I picked Carter up, he was more than happy to run around the set with the swords and fight anyone in sight. Unfortunately, I was only armed with my cell phone camera since Christian is using our camera in Wyoming right now.
Our little adventure got the weekend started off right. We hung around Castle Dale on Friday and got to visit with Jayna {too bad Mike was at a gun show}. We made our way home with a stop in Springville to visit Tatum, Kelly, and Paiton. It was fun to visit and watch the kids make a complete toy tornado.
We were so excited to see Christian's car in the driveway when we got home. This single parent all week thing has really got me baffled. Only two more 1/2 weeks, then we'll all be together again.
2 comments:
First of all, I really can't believe you're gonna be gone so soon! We have to do something before you go! And, um, you should probably see my kid at least once before you leave me forever! Sorry you had to be single mommy so much with Christian gone - trust me, I know how much that sucks! Jake has had to leave like once a month since Cade was born. Not fun!
Monday is out, but Tuesday might work. Just depends on when and where. I have stupid work...
Post a Comment