For as long as Carter has been able to talk he's had a hard time with the "TH" sound in the middle of words. He says mudder{mother}, fadder{father}, udder{other}, brudder{brother}, anudder{another}. You get the idea. The other day, out of nowhere, he began saying, "mother". It was so exciting, we've been practicing all the other hard to say words. He is very proud of himself, and still has to think about it to get it just right. I'm a little sad, that his little boy speech is turning into big boy speech, but am glad that he's developing new skills.
He thinks it's so fun and funny to say mother, that he calls me "mother" all the time instead of the regular old, "mom". I've asked him to please say "beautiful mother" instead, and so far it's really boosting my ego!


7 comments:
Classic! My son repeats my name a thousand times, even after I say "What!" I think I'm going to borrow the 'beautiful mother' idea! Pure genius!
No I still want him to call me Bessany! Please keep that one! He is too cute!
Nothing better than teaching your kids to say things to boost your ego - Cade has learned to call me "pitty mahney" (pretty mommy), which I love - even though he has no idea what he's talking about!
Blake calls us mother and father all the time too. He also says mudder and fadder too. If Rock Springs wasn't 6 hours away from Star Valley we would have loved to come and see you guys. We will have to meet. We are going to try and come up to the M.S. walk. What do we need to do to join?
Nothing like a little boost of the ego! We've got to get it somewhere! :)
Way to go Carter with your "th"! He is getting too big!
I love all these kido's I'm glad to see you're all doing well. and that Carter's doing better
holy cow he has grown up and changed so much in the last few months. He is so cute, I cant wait for it to get warmer so the boys can play outside again. praying for summer!
Post a Comment