Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Cali and My Phone

Cali has a small obsession with my phone. Well, any cell phone, really. She is pretty sure that she really really really {a lot more really's} needs one of her own. I see the benefits of her having one, but I also know that a person can make it through grade school, jr. high, high school, college, and childbirth without one. So, currently it's a back-burner issue for me.

However, my stalling out the cell phone issue doesn't stop her from getting her grubby little mitts on mine any chance she gets. A recent conversation went something like this:

Me: Cali can you sit in the car while I run into the store?
Cali: Yes, but you have to leave me your phone.
Me: Ok, but don't call anyone...please.
Cali: What if someone comes to steal me?
Me: Ok, in that case call 911.

Upon returning from a 8.53 minute sprint in and out of the store.

Cali: No one tried to steal me, and I didn't call anyone.
Me: That's a relief {on both accounts}.

Days later while trying to take a couple pictures with my phone I found at least 20 of these beauties...





Maybe it's not a phone she needs, maybe it's a camera?

3 comments:

Bethany Gilson said...

Don't be a lame mom. Just get her an iphone!

Aimee said...

THat's right! We did make it through a majority of our life so far without cell phones, thanks for reminding me--I'll be sure to remind my little cell phone wanter of the same thing.

Mike and Jayna Miller said...

I love that sneaky little picture. Haha that's great!