Friday, September 9, 2011

Mouse on the House

One crazy day while I was trying to load the car, get Caleb down for a nap, and blow dry my hair; Cali and Carter discovered a mouse crawling up the screen on the outside of the window. After much screaming {Carter}, crying {Cali}, and running in excited circles {Caleb}. I was able to rid our house of this menace.

I grabbed a shovel, and flipped it off the window high into the hair....hoping that upon landing it would, well...die. But it didn't, and it ran straight back to the window well. I had no choice. I smashed it with the shovel. It was a strange experience. Although I have killed bugs and spiders, this marked the first time I've ever killed a mammal.

I tried to explain the oddity of watching an animal die at your own hand to my brother in law, Tyler {avid hunter}, to which he replied; "it felt good, right!" I wouldn't go that far, but you know what they say. Mother's will kill other animals to protect their babies, even mice...I guess!

2 comments:

Dory said...

Mice are freakin' scary. I had a mouse in my apartment that fell off our 3rd story balcony and lived to nibble another day.

Bethany Gilson said...

I hate mice so bad. I don't even like looking at that picture!