
It started out like any other Friday. Alarm goes off, 6:00 a.m. Time to get up and get ready for work. My kids were gone to their Grandma Vicki's for the day, so getting ready was a little easier. Until....my highly favored and very expensive flat iron died! Just died. As in quit working all together. I was nearly done with my hair styling procedures, so I finished up the best I could with only a round brush and blow dryer. I was furious. I or may,or may not have thrown it across my bedroom
When I got to work I presented my "how to" presentation on, "How to make the most of a trip to Costco." It was a smash hit. Thank you all for your thoughtful suggestions, they were all very good. In the end I had to go with Natalie's suggestion due to my undying love of Costco. Everyone in the training class was very impressed, and my boss said it was the best one. So, I am on my way to earning my certification. Thank you all!
Afterwards I went to lunch at Costa Vida (an OK Cafe Rio knock off) with Bethany. She had a little bit of a rough day, and needed some venting time. As we were walking into Costa Vida a lady stopped us and said, "Are you two hair stylists?" No, we replied at the same time. Then she said, "Oh, I thought with such amazing hair you guys were stylists." I stopped dead in my tracks (remember the flat iron issue). I told her thank you, and that I was having a very bad hair day and her comment was much appreciated.
All in all it turned out to be an OK day. With no kids in sight, Christian and I drove up Butterfield Canyon (it's amazingly beautiful up there), and hung out the rest of the night. I also have to throw a shout out to my sissy Bethany, she saved my bacon not once or twice, but three times that day. First, by bringing me her flat iron to work so I could use it until I resolve my flat iron "issues". Second, by bringing me her jump drive so I could jump my presentation to another computer. And third, by bringing me homemade granola and grapes for a morning snack.
10 comments:
Must have been the day for hair appliances as my blow dryer decided to start shooting blue sparks. Niiice.
Congrats on an awesome presentation!!!
It doesn't surprise me at all that your presentation was the best one! You are simply amazing!
What kind of flat iron do you use? I'm looking to buy a Chi, but they are awfully expensive.
I love your "How To" idea! I bet it was great and would love to hear it; maybe at the family reunion? I bet it was hilarious as well as informative!
What a compliment on your hair! Of course it always looks great and you could be a hairstylist if you wanted to. That's cool you and Christian got to hang out up the canyon. Pretty amazing for you both to be off at the same time with no kids. It sounds like Friday the 13th turned out pretty well, minus the flat iron incident.
saweet, i'm feeling pretty special to have my idea picked! so glad it went well. if anyone can present the heck out of costco, you're the girl! ;)
good idea chucking the thing across the room. that's what i would have done!
I hear you on the flat iron issues! That's a must-have, especially here, where the humidity is out of control and my hair is obnoxious.
You should give your presentation at an enrichment, I'd love to hear how to get the most out of my shopping experience.
And, how noce would it be to have a nice, quiet, lunch with my sister and no children, what a lucky duck!
I'm jealous! Sounds like a great day to me. It's so great that you and Bethany are such great friends/sisters. I love it! So...the next post is a summary of your "how to" presentation, right?
I was wondering what topic you picked for your how-to. Sounds like you did an awesome job!
Having no flat iron would = devastation for me, which is why I have a number of back ups (a smaller flat iron, a larger one, and a curling iron). I'm SO jealous of your proximity to your sister. It makes me miss mine!
Dear Cam,
I am so sorry for your loss. I know how much your hair products mean to you. I cringed as I read the bad news. Thank goodness for young Bethan and random strangers with their fabulous compliments. I am impressed you went the extra mile and finished your hair at work...sometimes I would go with wer hair. You would be so ashamed of me.
Post a Comment