Last Saturday our little group of friends got together for our monthly card club. We really packed it in this month. Not only did we exchange cards (which I didn't get a picture of), but we threw a surprise baby shower for our wonderful host, Laurie. She in turn taught us how to make the cutest tote bags (I did get a picture of those). Mine is the brown with the brown stripes. The sewing project took most of the night, be we didn't even notice that it was 1:00 a.m. That's what happens when friends have an endless supply of food and a lot to talk about.

The bags turned out so well, and were pretty easy to make. I am actually working on a princess one for Cali, imagine that.

Some hot sweat shop workers.
Audrey,
Regina, and
Stacey.
14 comments:
i need to get into a group like this one! minus the card making, of course. i do want the sewing lessons.
That looks like SO much fun! The bags are WAY cute! That's a whole 'lotta domestic goodness right there.
You should post the instructions to those bags. They are way cute and right in style now days.
By the way I enjoy reading both your blogs.
That looks like so much fun, I love the bags, that would be a fun young women project.( I am in young womens and am always looking for something) Food and girls is never a dull moment.
Cute bags! It looks like a great time! I heard you are teaching Bethany 4-H this summer. I laugh every time I think of that. I don't know why, I just think 4-H is a funny term. Be sure to post the lessons!
I love it! Looks like a whole lotta fun. I don't stay up until 1am much anymore but I would for that kind of fun.
Are the bags difficult? I always have such big plans to sew and they've (so far) never happened. For now I'll have to cling to the blue polka-dot skort bodysuit I created for 4-H as my one and only prize-winning project.
Really, you are SO crafty and talented. You amaze me!
Looks like fun times - and the bags are so cute.
All the bags turned out so cute! Are you done with Cali's yet? I thought it would be fun to make Dorin a "murse" using this cute vintage robot material I found. =)
YES, it was fun...even though I was dragging from 11p.m on. You know I am a morning person, but it was so fun to be with all the girls...talking, sewing, eating, trying to iron without an iron plugged in...laughter is the best medicine!
This looks like so much fun. Can I go next time? :) I am lousy at sewing, but a fabulous eater.
Love the multi-purpose get-together, the bags, the whole thing. BUT most of all, I love the DIVINE kitchen in the background of the picture (count on me to notice) I really have a thing for white cabinetry. Whose house is this and do they want to sell it to me?
That was so much fun!! Thanks for all of your help and for letting us borrow your machine! Now I can steal these pics for my blog..lol!
What a totally fun night!!! I LOVE those bags! I want to make one, is it easy? I'm a mess when it comes to sewing but I try my hardest, lol.
Post a Comment