Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Another Casualty of the Herriman Winds


On Sunday we received a knock at the door (interrupting my much needed Sunday nap). Our kind neighbor pointed out that our tree was broken in half. There was a giant gust of wind and the poor thing just couldn't take it. If I find out it was a giant gust of neighbor kid instead of the wind, there is going to be some noise in our quiet neighborhood.

12 comments:

Cambu said...

And you even had them anchored! I hope it wasn't a neighborhood kid either, but if it was I trust you will take care of the situation pronto! :)

Dave and Gretchen said...

Ohhh, poor tree. For the neighbor kid's sake, I hope it was the wind. I'm also sad for your Sunday nap interruption. I LIVE for a Sunday nap. Maybe next week.

100 Percent Cottam said...

crap, man! better move to west jordan! :)

Mari said...

The wind is just relentless this year! I guess your neighbor was being nice. But I wouldn't knock on someone's door to tell them their tree had blown over. Maybe your neighbor was being "nice" so you wouldn't assume it was her/his kids. I think you should fingerprint the tree to be sure.

Jan said...

That's sad. But my favorite part was your comment about it being a kid and there being a big noise in the neighborhood. Still laughing.

Freer Family said...

We've had a tree casualty or two this year also. So sad. I about peed my pants laughing when you said "gust of neighbor kid", lol! You crack me up!

Tatum said...

If you do end up going after the neighbor kid, CALL ME FIRST. I want to watch!

Seriously, this is sad. I didn't know you guys had wicked bad wind also? I am sorry, what a bummer.

Ashley said...

Oh man, that reminds me of our ice storms that we had this past year. Huge trees were all over the roads, people could hardly leave their houses forever, and all of the trees snapped in half. It was crazy.

Family Days said...

Dang...that stinks! I could totally see a giant gust of neighbor kid doing that...wouldn't surprise me at all!

Abes and Stace said...

A couple names of neighbor kids from my street come to mind (one in particular actually). Maybe they wandered over to your neck of the woods. Hey at least Christian works at Costco and will be able to have first pick of their fab trees in the spring!

McKelle said...

Sorry for your loss! We have monsoons here and the winds get crazy. None of our trees have broken yet but most are now growing at a slant!

Dorey said...

The wind out here is carazzy! but so are some of the neighbor kids. =)