Friday, July 11, 2008

Guess What?

This 31 year-old was carded for buying........



this IBC Cream Soda at the self check-out station at the Herriman Smiths.
It made me laugh so hard. Does he look under age? No. Was he purchasing alcohol? No. So why? I don't know. But it is so funny to me.

17 comments:

McKelle said...

That's hilarious!! That rootbeer can be dangerous. You don't know how many times I've been so drunk from Sierra Mist, it's crazy! I got carded for buying a lottery ticket. I guess I would rather be carded then have teenagers call me ma`am!

McKelle said...

Oh, my bad, Cream Soda, that's why he was carded. I thought it was Rootbeer! Cream Soda has more alcohol than Rootbeer. Everybody knows that.

Mari said...

Ha ha, oh this is great! He probably got carded because legally they have to card EVERYONE (I did a scene in the Iron County alcoholic beverage license video). Plus, I bet kids have put beer in cream soda boxes to try and sneak it through- especially through the self check-out. In high school we used to put cream soda and root beer in beer cases and then get in fights with the cashiers over not showing I.D.
It's still pretty funny though and his annoyance in this picture shines bright and clear :)

Steph said...

That is too funny. See I wouldnt be smart enough to ever think about putting the beer in the cream soda case. Not that I would want the beer. We bought some beer a few years ago to put on our lawn and my husband was so nervous someone was going to see us buying it. Pretty funny!

Dory said...

This sounds like it has a whole story with it. I'd like to hear it sometime.

Leisa said...

FUNNY! How do you know you live in Utah? When you get carded for buying something that could maybe just possibly look like alcohol. Uhg! I did get carded for buying cough syrup though, you can get high off of that stuff...probably not so much with cream soda. Did he laugh, or get mad?

Family Days said...

oh.my.gosh. Hilarious!

Aimee said...

Chrisitan should take it as a compliment and run with it. After he's done buying his cream soda he should go hang out at the skate park, but not too late--he better be home by curfew or he might get grounded.

Freer Family said...

*snort* That is so HiLaRiOuS! I can totally picture the whole scene in my head now.

Lyndsay said...

So did he actually show the girl his card? I think I would have refused.

Jan said...

Still snickering over that one. Not over 31? IBC cream soda? What's up with that???

nancy said...

In Arizona we card anyone under forty. They must have thought as they were scanning it was alcohol. I do that with margarita mix all the time and O'douls, probably because I lived in the EC and they were "bad"

I also tagged you over on my blog. Please come on over and play. Have a great day!!

Jessica said...

Look at that picture of Christian; do you really believe the Cream Soda is for HIM? He's obviously just the Cream Soda supplier. You have to protect the children, whatever the cost.

I love this story!!

Tammy said...

That is hilarious!

regibells said...

ONLY IN UTAH! woopie!

Tuesdee said...

That is hilarious! I didn't know Cream Soda had that much of a kick. :) I don't even think it has Caffine in it....

Love it!

Dave and Gretchen said...

Wow! You can never be too careful I guess. That is hilarious!