Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Grandma, Grandpa and Carter (Cali too) Date

Last year for Christmas Christian's parents started a new tradition. They gave Carter a book about animals with a coupon tucked in the front for a date with grandma and grandpa. They did the same for Cali, she got a book about space and coupon for a date at the planetarium.

Last Thursday Carl and Vicki came to take Carter on his zoo date. They didn't want Cali to feel left out, so they took her too. Cali promised that Carter could come with her on her planetarium date later.


They kids loved the zoo, especially the animals. Carter can't quit talking about snakes, zebras, polar bears, elephants, and the train ride. Thanks to grandma and grandpa for a fun date. Here are some pictures of their adventure!


This "How do you measure up" gorilla thing has been at the zoo as long as I can remember. You HAVE to get your picture taken by it every time.


Taking a little water break. It was a hot day!

And another water/fan break.


A fancy carousel ride.

The crocodile hunter!

4 comments:

Jan said...

I love the grandparent bonding time -- I really think it's important and I know that the grandparents love it! (probably more than the kids do!) haha!

Mari said...

What a fun date! I love the pictures, especially Carter and the gorilla. You're right, that is an absolute must when visiting the zoo. I can't wait to see the planetarium date pics!

McKelle said...

Cali looks just like you in the pic of her on the ride! She's so pretty!

Family Days said...

ahhhh the zoo! The carousel looks cool, I didn't realize it was in already! Grandparents are the best!