Friday, July 11, 2008

Better Late Than Never?

The 4th of July, what can I say? A very eventful day. It went something like this.......



6am-7am: Me, Bethany, and Adrienne take a hard hard run up a hill. The wind was blowing at us the whole time, which totally ruined our time and lungs.



7am-10am: Breakfast (McDonalds, thanks to Grandma and Grandpa), shower, get the scooter and trike ready for the parade.



10am-11:30am: Neighborhood parade. Thank you Regina!

Cali is proud to be an American.


Carter was proud to be an American, until he realized that being an American requires streamers. He ripped every bit of decor off of his little trike. He chucked it in the gutter whilst screaming, "NO NO NO STUFF!"




He was also bribed into taking a family picture with a small swig of Mountain Dew!




The family picture turned out....well, it turned out. If Christian wears that black Hurley shirt in one more picture, I'm going to scream!




Cali threw her usual fit when it was time to go home.



12pm-3pm: Rest, lunch, pack and get ready for out trek to Vernal Utah for our family reunion. Christian had to work the next day, so he missed out. But, Bethany and I drove the 3.5 million hours it takes to get from Herriman to Vernal.



3pm: Arrive at Vernal check into hotel. Kids go ape sh*t jumping on the hotel beds for a half hour. After such a long ride they could not be contained!

5pm-8pm: Family bonding. Including a serious game of kick ball. Our family reunions deserve their own blog. In fact, you can check out Flock of Peacocks for more family photos.



Cali made friends with my cousin Dorothy.


And my other cousin (Dorothy's little sister) Melanie. They were born the same year, and had a lot to talk about.

8pm-10pm: Head over to my uncle Alan's house to watch a spectacular fireworks display. Those Vernalians can really get their fire work on. Unfortunately most of the family missed the fireworks because they were looking and searching for a lost cousin. Shad was missing for what seemed like an eternity. It's a miracle he was found. Actually with 52+ cousins it's a miracle that only one was lost!


My mom and I survived....

July 5, 2008
Day two: Peacock Family Fiesta

6am-8am: Help my dad get ready to prepare breakfast. Really hard. Cold cereal,
8am-9:30am: Me, mom, Bethany, Cali and Carter went swimming in the hotel pool. We left Brandt and Ashley (his cute girlfriend) in the room....Alone.... We also missed my dad's home cooked breakfast.....ok it was just cereal that we bought earlier that morning.

10am-12pm: Peacock family talent show. There were a lot of talented performers. But none as good as my aunt Mari who shook her stuff. You can view a video of it here. I HIGHLY recommend it! It was hilarious, the highlight of the reunion.


This picture cannot do Mari's dance justice. You must see the video.


Brandt provided the talent from our family by preforming some Scottish songs. Go Brandt!


At the end of the talent show Carter announced, "I'M DONE!" Bethany said, "done with what?" To which he replied, "THIS!" Me too Carter.....

12pm-......: We ditched out on lunch and went to Wingers. Then onto the dinosaur museum where we spent the rest of the day. More pix to come of the dinosaurs, Carter was in heaven.

9 comments:

Steph said...

Looks like tons of fun. That mt. dew is looking sooo good to me. I used to have a little problem with it so I havent had any for ages, and since I've been pregnant, I crave it!
Your family is so cute. It wouldnt be an outting without a tantrum would it?

Mari said...

I'll remember to never desecrate Carter's trike with streamers, all the more for Cali!
Why is it that EVERYONE that knows me has a picture of my BIG FAT BUTT?! Seriously, I look like a pregnant, checkered hippo! Anyway, I was with Carter, it was long and I was definitely ready for it to be over.

The Dunn's said...

I can't beleive how much Carter looks like Brandt. What is Brandt up to these days?

Lyndee said...

You went to dinosaur museum even though you don't believe in dinosaurs? The irony!

Leisa said...

Looks like WAY too much fun. BTW...HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Hope you had a good one.

Family Days said...

Looks like a rootin' tootin' time! Family reunions are the best!! Happy Belated B-day!!

Freer Family said...

Your family looks like they know how to have a good time! I'm cracking up at Carter "being done".

Jan said...

Fun times with the fam for sure! Carter cracks me up.

Jessica said...

I want an invitation to the Peacock family reunion talent show! You should charge admission!