Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Post Hike Recovery and Activities



This is the first picture I took of our group once we arrived back to our camp spot. Dad checked his blood sugar, Christian thought about what he was going to do with the pain in his knees, and Brandt just kind of goofed around like Brandt does.




We made it! I was feeling pretty good after 7 hours.




Christian and Brandt gathered/chopped fire wood. Which resulted in a $275.00 fine. You cannot gather wood in a National Park unless it is dead, downed, AND detached. Noted.




Grandma made us some sandwiches, and Mari grilled them on her camp stove. By the way, Mari has EVERY single camping contraption known to man all which she can pack snuggly in several Action Packers. "Hey Mari, do you have any (fill in the blank with ANY camping related item)." To which she would reply, "Yes, it's in the Action Packer." And it was!




Brandt carved a small wooded statue which he named Tenzing, after the famous Nepalese Sherpa who accompanied Edmund Hillary to the top of Mt. Everest in 1953. It was seriously funny, but only if you were there. We were able to talk him out of giving it to his girl friend as a "gift". Oh Brandt!

1 comment:

Mari said...

Well, I've got to be good at one thing right. I think punch drunk best describes the attitude of that evening. Did you see Tensing with his blow torch threatening the Pringles Man the next morning? I can't believe Brandt threw the carving in the fire!