The fact that a park can be totally empty and then instantly filled with amusements fashioned to the back of a truck trailer is just fascinating to me. Take for instance this boat ride that Cali and Carter were in love with. It's just a bunch of old crappy boats lined with carpet, hooked to a thing that makes them go around in a circle. Add a striped tarp and you have a ride that costs $2.00 per person for about 1.5 minutes. It's genius!

Boats-water+extra steering wheels=tons of fun

No carnival would be complete with out the swings. There was only a small piece of chain keeping Carter in his seat while he screamed WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE in his half excited half terrified voice.

Not sure what this ride is called, but Bethany was asked to move to another car to balance out the weight and Cali lost her flip flop.

Brandt was possibly more scared than Carter. Since the whole apparatus was being turned by a motor hooked to the back of a truck, I was a little scared too.

Ferris wheels are always fun, but Carter wanted to go back to the swings. So Bethany and Brandt took Cali. She could be heard screaming, "FASTER!" from down on the ground.
10 comments:
How fun! It looks like everyone had a great time!
aww, that looks like SO much fun!
Ah yes, the carnie rats from the EC fair, where did those days go? Brandt looks just little too big for the lamp shade ride. I would be scared too. Did you ride any rides? I want to see pictures! Cali's need for speed on the ferris wheel is a sure sign she's ready for a more advanced, more expensive, more of a rip-off type of carnival; aka amusement parks. Watch out Lagoon!
Hey Pollasto's, how the heck are ya? We some how stumbled across your blog. I was soo excited to see picture of you little family and find out what you guys have been up to. Glad to see that you are doing good. I loved the 5o things about your mother. She was like a second mom to me growing up. We will have to keep in touch.
I love the old traveling carnivals -- fond memories! Your kids will always remember this.
Ah carnies and overpaying to make your kids happy- some of the simple pleasures in life. This looks like a blast! Go Cali! It reminds me of an ill-fated trip to Lagoon where we became drenched in pond scum...among other fluids. Those were the days. Maybe we can acquire baby sitters and re-create the magic?
Oh! I miss the Herriman Fair! Looks like so much fun. You are right about being over priced. Makes me want to throw a ride together, hook it up to an old truck and travel the state...I could be rich!
The boat ride was Chance and Dodger's fave too. I did notice the toothless wonder running the swings! LOL!
I am horrified by carnies...There was a make-shift carnival that sprouted up about two blocks from our house here and Erik and I decided to investigate. I still cringe.
Carnies are a fun novelty in life. I was also a little horrified to put Dorin on the swings (with that tiny little chain) but I guess we have to let them grow up sometime. =) Dorin loved it too!
Post a Comment