Today I had the adventure of helping prepare a green breakfast for Cali's class. In honor of St. Patrick's Day, and a love of all things Dr Seuss, the kids got to eat an entirely green meal. I had the prestigious job of toasting the greenish toast. Apparently the Smith's bakery here makes a green marble bread just for the occasion. Also on the menu: green grapes, green apples, kiwi {which most kids didn't even know existed}, honeydew melon, green milk, green eggs and ham, and green toast {thank you very much}.
Miss Mosbey helped the kids dish up a heaping plate, and then they all got their eat on! Cali has NEVER eaten an egg in her life, and she told me that she ONLY likes eggs when they are green....and she ate most of them. Carter managed to eat a piece of toast, but was more intrigued with the toys and play area in the classroom. He even pulled up a chair and made himself at home. When it was time to go he cried and screamed, "My teacher said it was time for recess!!!" It really was time for recess, and Miss Mosbey really did say that....it's just that Carter had a hard time coming to grips with the fact that he wasn't a member of their class.If only I'd been lucky enough to get out the door without a fit!
7 comments:
that's pretty awesome, i have to say!
Where would we be without fits right? At least you know he was listening to the teacher. The breakfast looks good except the marbled bread kind of looks like it has blood vessels and veins to me. I bet it was still yummy though.
how funny! your kids are always so anxious to grow up - Cali wants to go to work, Carter wants to go to school. Wonder where they get all that independence from? :)
I love it that she has a teacher like that - and that Carter thinks he's in that class too. She must be awesome.
what a fun breakfast. So sad he didnt get to go to recess too.
That is a cute idea! I love it!
Those eggs do not look appetizing at all. :)
Post a Comment