Tuesday, March 10, 2009

University of Wyoming...I Apologize...

Since moving to Wyoming I have been overwhelmed by the abundance of brown and prairie gold. I have also seen a cowboy riding a horse on signs, sweatshirts, hats, truck windows, and neck tattoos. One of Christian's UW loving co-workers put this sticker on his office wall, and he promptly showed his true Ute-ness by desecrating the cowboy. Which, apparently, is not only blasphemous to the school....but to the entire state.

Back in Time: When I found out we were moving to WY I decided to look into possible graduate programs. I got my stuff together and finished the application process in late January, just in time to make the February 1st deadline.

Back to the Future: On Friday I found out that I have been accepted to the Master's of Education program. The focus of the program is Instructional Technology, which I am very excited about. I start my studies this summer, and am looking forward to being a student again!

So, I must eat my words once again, UW I apologize. Sorry for making fun of your colors and your symbol, sorry for mocking your sports teams and trash talking your campus. Sorry to Tyler Gilson {future PharmD} for making fun of you and vowing to NEVER visit you if you ever got into pharmacy school in Laramie. Sorry. Sorry. Sorry. I will do my best, as a true Ute, to honor and respect the cowboy. After all...there is a very good chance they will be giving me a degree within the next 2ish years!

Go Cowboys! If we can't be best friends, at least we have a common enemy...{suck it BYU}

14 comments:

Cambu said...

Congrats on getting accepted to the grad program! That is so great. I think it would be so hard to go back to school but you are going to rock it! ;)

Mari said...

The cowboy messed up picture cracked me up! Although like you said you now have to be a fan (somewhat anyway).
Congratulations on getting accepted! Do they have a satellite campus in Rock Springs or is it online? Since you like school so much and I hate it so much when you're done with this you could enroll under my name and get me a degree too. Sounds fantastic to me.

Dory said...

Ha ha, suck it BYU indeed!

Jake and Roz said...

congrats! being in school again is fun - oh wait, it's my husband that is in school... hmmm... I could have sworn I was doing school work. Wonder why that is? :) I'm excited for you though, I think graduate school would be fun! And lol "suck it BYU!"

100 Percent Cottam said...

yeah girl! that's super exciting!!

Bethany Gilson said...

Cammie you are inspiring, and so is Christian's art work! I really can't wait for school to kick off! Go cowboys!

Amanda said...

Congrats on your acceptance to school! You will be super-mom! :)

Ashley said...

Congrats, that is great. You will be so happy to get your graduate degree, it will really pay off. I have been glad that I finished mine and it has really paid off for us, especially helping us financially. Good luck starting up your classes and everything.

Jan said...

Yay Cammie! Good for you -- you'll do great with your graduate work.

Leisa said...

Hell ya! Take that BYU :) HA! You crack me up.

Freer Family said...

WOOHOO! Congrats! That is so exciting!

Ashley said...

Congratulations!!!!

Tatum said...

I need to show this post to Kelly, but I am torn since he is the proud owner of one of those lovely brown flags courtesy of Rock Springs Wal-Mart*. Still, he will beam at Christian's Uteness and possibly shed a tear.

As for me, I am trying to decide which I like best: Christian's art work or your sweet sentiments for the cougars...hmmmmm....YOU WIN!

*Forgive us, for we knew not what we did.

Lyndsay said...

Congrats! While I don't endorse any hate speech directed at BYU, I think you'll be an exceptional grad student. It makes me want to go back to school!