Monday, April 27, 2009

I'm A Fan


While we were in college Christian and I would stock up on KFC during finals week and eat our stress away. It was a wonderful delicious memory, and a marvelous family tradition. However, as I've gotten older {and wiser} and my metabolism slowly slowed I have been unable to eat my weight in KFC. So, you can imagine my elation when KFC invented Kentucky GRILLED Chicken. I'm sure it's still not the best meal on the planet, but a good alternative the greasy goodness. Christian picked up a bucket {actually half fried half grilled} on Friday night, and we enjoyed it all weekend!

12 comments:

Mari said...

I'm glad you posted a review of the new chicken. I'm not much of a fan of KFC but I have been wondering about the new grilled stuff. I will definitely have to try it.

Dorey said...

I was wondering if it was good or not, we'll have to try it!

Jade said...

mmmmm.....I've been craving KFC for like a week now. I didn't even know there was a grilled option. I would probably have to go halfsies like Christian did and try the grilled but still get my fix. BTW, we need to plan a time to meet up this summer and go boating:)

Jade said...

p.s. I miss you too.

Leisa said...

Good news! A grilled drumstick is only 60 cals and a thigh rings in at 130. Plus if you eat mashed potates and gravy (140 cals) and the corn on the cob (70) you are at about 340 calories total. Watch out for my favorite thing at KFC, the bisquits. They are 190 each BEFORE the butter and honey :)

Leisa said...

Now I'm hungry...

Bethany Gilson said...

Cammie was this really blog worthy? JK It looks good and I will probably give it a try!

McKelle said...

I didn't know they had grilled! YUM!

Sharon said...

Homie will be proud of your advertising! But hey you should get some kinda commission!

Stacy said...

Mmmm! Thanks for the review. I was just talking to Court about this literaly 20 min ago. =D I will have to pick some up asap!

Freer Family said...

MmMMMmm! Did you get mashed potatoes and biscuits too? Oh wait, you were keepin' it healthy...

Tatum said...

I'm so glad to hear a good report...i've been coveting that bucket on the commercials....do you think they could grill the mashed potatoes too and make them healthier?