Friday, May 15, 2009

Growing in Wyoming

On Tuesday I was able to take Carter and go with Cali on her last field trip of the year. We went to the Riverside Nursery in Green River to learn about plants. I was surprised to find that there are many beautiful trees, shrubs, and flowers that grow well here. You would not be able to tell it by looking at the dirt, but apparently with enough top soil....anything is possible.

The kids had a great time looking around and listening to their gardening tour guide. After the tour we went to Expedition Island Park to have lunch. I had a crazy morning so I had to buy Cali a Happy Meal from McDonalds for her lunch instead of packing her a nutritious one. She was slightly disappointed, but she ate it up and ran off to play with friends.

The wind kicked up in true Wyoming fashion and about blew us into the Green River. I was freezing and developing a wind headache {I think this is a legitimate condition} but the kids seemed unaffected and kept right on playing. Carter was sad when it was time to leave. He thought he could sneak on the bus and go to school with Cali, and Cali thought that she could come home with me....We finally got it straightened out and off we went!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Jake and Roz said...

plants grow in Wyoming? Every pic I've seen of yours has been either snow or brown-ness :)